Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Agony

I woke up this morning with a migraine. I got up, took numerous Advil, and put a heating pad on my feet. Yes. It works. It draws the blood from your head.

I have had migraines as far back as I can remember. I think writing before that I remember having one on my 6th or 8th birthday even. They aren't new to me. I lived and functioned with the pain for my whole life. After I had my hysterectomy 1 1/2 years ago, I didn't have one for 7 months!!! Seriously, 7 of the most glorious months of my life. Then I got one. I couldn't bear the pain. I couldn't function and couldn't figure how I had lived with that level of pain almost every single day of my entire life.

We went to church, I taught my lesson, went to Relief Society with Elaine, came home, ate dinner, layed down, slept. I'm sure I'm really good company for Dean and Elaine today.

I'm going back to bed.

No comments: