Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day By Day By Day...

I haven't been any better at posting regularly, it has now been over a week since the last one. Knowing what my next week and a half has in store, I don't think I'll be posting regularly any time soon. So for now, I will try to do a quick update since the last post...

Friday, May 8th---We went to Salt Lake City to spend a last family day before Gary leaves for his mission. He got to pick where we went, what we did and where we ate for his "Missionary meal". (we take the whole family to a restaurant of the Missionary's' choosing. Something we don't do often because of the astronomical cost) We met my niece, Jessica, in a park by the Church Office Building and she took family pictures for us. She also took individuals of Morgan, Lexie and Tanner since I haven't had them done for this school year yet. Then we went to eat at Olive Garden. From there we toured the Conference Center and got to see an amazing display they had there of artistic talent from around the world. Then we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and saw the Joseph Smith movie. We all cried our eyes out at this. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen it, male or female, or age, you will be touched to tears watching what they went through. Then we went to Layton to stay with Wynn's parents to be ready for the next day...

Saturday, May 9th---This was the wedding day of Wynn's nephew Zach (Nolan and Trudy's son) and Sarah Asmundson (daughter of Blayne and Judith Asmundson of Vancouver British Columbia). It started with a wedding breakfast at 9:30am in Lehi. Yummy food of breakfast burritos and fruit. Then they were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. We spent some time at Nolan and Trudy's with the family (we ate pizza) and then to the reception. Her colors were lime green and pink. Her dress was gorgeous. Morgan caught the bouquet. Since that makes 2 bouquet catches for her now, Drew figures Morgan will get married 2 times quicker than she will. I don't know that that's how it works, but Drew says it works for her!!!
--I was supposed to have my exit interview for AmeriCorps today, but since we had already scheduled this, I'm going to have to reschedule.

Monday, May 11th---back to school and work. I got an email for my AmeriCorps exit interview reschedule. It is for Wednesday at 2:45. Are you kidding me? I already have plans for that day too!!! (you'll see) I told Gary I'm not going to reschedule anything, we'll work it all in. At least I'll still be in town this time and can run over there to do it. I can't handle another reschedule!

Tuesday, May 12th---Lexie had a soccer game at 5:30. The sun was supposed to be out, but it was cloudy instead. The wind was blowing which made us grateful for the blankets we took to wrap up in, because it felt like it was coming off an iceberg! They played hard, but it ended up in a tie.

Wednesday, May 13th---I took the day off to spend with Gary. He loves the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I had only seen the first one back when it first came out on dvd. I had promised him ever since the 3rd one came out that we would spend a day, just the two of us, and watch all three. I figured we better get it done since he leaves 2 weeks from today!!! Unfortunately, it wasn't uninterrupted since this was my reschedule for the exit interview. The interview went well. I told her what I was doing at home so she hurried it up so I could get back to finish the movies. The kids were great when they got home. I gave them instructions (don't bother us unless there is blood coming out your eyeballs or bones sticking out of your skin), shut the family room door, and finished the movies, uninterrupted by them, until Andy came over and interrupted even after they told him not to. Seriously, it could have blood, no bones, seriously. But I LOVED the movies and had a much needed day with Gary.

Thursday, May 14th--back to work. I left as soon as we were done...sick!!! Tanner had a soccer game tonight. Needless to say I wasn't there. I was REALLY sick. They lost. The other kids were bigger and better, it happens.

Friday, May 15th--back to work. Felt Ok-ish. Last day of lessons for reading groups. Next week is Core testing, all week. But I will only be there Thursday and Friday. I have an AmeriCorps Conference in SLC Mon-Wed. Mixed emotions about that! The ward did an Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration at Brother and Sister Godfrey's house for the men as a father/son thing. Then Wynn, Andy, Gary and Tanner went camping up Green Canyon for a guys night while me, Morgan and Lexie had a girls night. Some girls night. Morgan went babysitting so Lexie and I went to get a Cranilla Craze at Sonic, YUM! We noticed they had a new drink called a Mango Limeade, so we got a small one to try it. MISTAKE!!! It deserved a Route 44 size. It is unbelievably good! Possibly my new fave. Morgan came home, we were watching NCIS and Lexie and I fell asleep, early. Oh well.

Saturday, May 16th---Are you kidding me! Can someone put one more thing on today? The day was calm until 11:00. Here is the day---11:30 Lexie soccer game, 12:00 Tanner soccer game, 1:00 bridal shower in Freedom, 3:00 bridal shower in Layton (for my niece!), 4:00 Morgan needs to be in Richmond for the Black and White Days Parade for Colorguard, 5:00 Parade, 7:00 wedding reception in North Logan (at our church building) And it's my nephews birthday, Happy Birthday Rian. What did we make it to? Lexie's soccer game (I'll be in SLC for the last one Tuesday), the last 1/2 of Tanner's soccer game (Wynn and Gary went to all), neither bridal shower, Tanner got sick after we got home from the game, I think it's allergies but it has a fever (yes we get fevers with that sometimes), went and looked at a house, ya...NO!, Morgan got a ride to Richmond, Wynn and Gary went to the parade, Wynn, myself and Drew (she's home for the weekend) went to the reception. Stayed up late getting chores finished (somewhat).

Sunday, May 17th--The girls (Morgan and Lexie) went out to Clarkston to where they do the Martin Harris Pageant this morning. They left the house at 6:40am. The Stake does this every year and the speaker directs their talk toward the youth. This year they are listening to the General Young Mens President. My friends son (in our ward) came home from his mission to Poland Friday night. He speaks in church today. Tanner is still having a slight fever and hoarse cough (not horse cough, hahaha) so I think I will be staying home with him. We'll see. Church doesn't start for another 1 1/2 hours.

***I need to download some pictures from my camera then I will hopefully get some added on here. Like it isn't long enough already! to come.


L.Jo said...

What the heck is Black and White Days? Are they celebrating cows . . . ???

Morgan said...

i don't know what it is, but i don't think that it has to do with cows. maybe a little, but i'm not sure.

loretta said...

Yes, I do believe it has to do with cows. It's a whole week long thing I do believe, with parade, rodeo etc etc. I'll find out for sure.