Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

After ringing in the New Year last night, in the midst of taking care of Wynn & Gary, we spent a quiet day at home. I took them to the doctor this morning for post-op, & they are doing well.

This year has many things in store for us, I'm sure. We just attended our nieces wedding, Jenny Higgs to Todd Squires on Tuesday, Dec 30, 2008. It was so great to see everyone again. We had just spent Andy & Leza's wedding & Thanksgiving with them, & we even got to see Duane & Jen & their 2 adorable boys we hadn't got to see for a few years. Now in 2009 we know that we have a nephew getting married in March, a niece getting married in April & another nephew possibly getting married in May. My brother & his wife, Dustin & Cindy, are coming in the summer from Brisbane, Australia. We are way excited to see them as it has been a few years, actually since before they were married, that we have seen them. Wynn will continue his schooling in 3-D modeling & should be getting done. Gary will be leaving on a mission this summer, & he will be missed terribly even though we will be so happy for him to have this opportunity.

I am hoping to stay updated on this blog. I used to be very good at keeping a journal, then with kids & health issues, I let it slip. I know I am supposed to keep one, so that is actually why I started a blog in the first place. I am hoping that as I get better at keeping this updated, it will just become even easier for me to keep a more private hand written one as well. It is sitting on the nightstand just waiting for me.

So here is the first post for 2009. May it find the year starting off well for each of you.

Happy New Year from the Jenkins'!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Actually, depending on the perspective, Dustin and Cindy are coming in the winter. I can only imagine how weird that must be- going from winter to immediate summer and back again.