Monday, January 05, 2009

Should have stayed in bed

Today was the first day back to school/work after Christmas break. I started the day going to work out at 5:30am, it was 3* outside! I went anyway. I got home & the girls left for school & I got me & Tanner ready to leave. It was all the way up to 7* & started snowing as we left the house.

The furnace in the kindergarten section of the school has been having fits all year, & they can't seem to get it fixed. It was freezing there & even though we have all learned to wear our jackets & sweaters when we go up there for reading group, we weren't prepared for it being so very cold. It didn't even seem to phase the kids. It snowed the whole time I was at work & had about 4 inches of snow on the car when I went home.

We have 2 furnaces for the house, but the one for the main section hasn't seemed to be working very well the last couple of days. So when I got home, I got to deal with a kitchen sink that the cold water has been frozen now for 2 days & a house that was as cold as the kindergarten rooms. I fiddled with the furnace since Wynn & Gary had apparently gone stir crazy at home & had been gone doing I'm not sure what all day after their doctors appointment & wasn't aware it had quit working. When Wynn got home he messed with the furnace for a while & finally got it working right. Maybe now the sink will thaw out since the house is finally a decent temperature. I guess it doesn't help that I have had an annoying cough for a week now that won't go away.

But I will get up again tomorrow morning in a nice warm house & go to the rec center in the freezing cold to work out in a nice warm building & do it all over again. Hopefully minus the not working furnaces this time!

No comments: