Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Having time off?

Since I work for an elementary school in Utah, I have the next 3 days off. Thursday & Friday, Oct. 16th & 17th, all schools in Utah are out for what is called UEA. I can never remember what that stands for, but I think it is Utah Education Association. I'm probably wrong and someone who actually knows, please correct me. Anyway, the schools are out for these 2 days. Our school saw fit to have teacher prep time for parent teacher conference next week, so we get today off too for that. I am perfectly fine with that. A 5 day weekend.

I was planning on just doing what I should have been doing last Saturday, hot chocolate, book, movie, but I received the fabric and patterns for my girls bridesmaid dresses, so I figured this would be a great time to do those instead, while watching movies or the many recorded shows on the dvr of course. But now I am sick. I have had more colds already this year than I had all last year put together. I don't know what the deal is. They seem to be more than just the average colds for some reason. They really knock me out. Yesterday Wynn went to the store before he left for work (he leaves the house at 4:30 am for work) to get me some Dayquil so I could make it through my day. Have I mentioned I have a great husband. I am truly spoiled. He knew I had a meeting with our Americorps supervisor, regular 5 hours of reading groups, and after work, training for the new reading aide substitutes. Then I came home and literally crashed on my bed! I don't know what time I woke up, took some Nyquil & went back to bed. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, thanks to more Dayquil already, but know that by night I'll be worn out. And this is what my 5 days off are going to be....

Today I am working on the first of 3 bridesmaid dresses for the wedding. I know I need to get them done now so I'm not stressing at the last minute. Tomorrow, more sewing and we are going to order the flowers. I can't wait to see what she has picked. I haven't seen any pictures of her choices yet. Then home to more sewing. Friday & Saturday will be more sewing & hopefully, if not done, very close to it. I was looking forward to getting these done, but really do want to just sleep. With the medicine, hopefully I will feel well enough to do this, otherwise it will have to wait until next week when I only have a half day Thursday & all of Friday off, but I'd rather get done now. Less stress that way knowing it's done. This is what God created Dayquil for after all. Isn't it?

7 comments:

tawnya said...

I'm allergic to cold medicine, so count your blessings?

Sandra said...

UEA- Utah Education Association- ding, ding, ding you were right.

However, this is not UEA weekend. It used to be, but none of the teachers attended the meetings, so it became fall break and UEA is in a couple of weeks and those teachers that actually want to go, have to get a sub and attend then.

loretta said...

Tawnya--I am so sorry for you. How do you survive?

Sandra--Oh, the school district still calls it UEA. HMMMM.

And I got the dresses cut out. Now to start sewing tomorrow after ordering flowers.

Sandra said...

I have video tape from last night. I had no clue which one was Morgan, so I just taped. They looked soooo good out there!

We took 2nd in our division and first in color guard and 1st in music. Woo Hoo. I was frozen and barely thawed out before I had to work the football game tonight. (we won 25-0) needless to say, I am frozen again. I am going to bed with a heating pad.

Anonymous said...

I was freezing last night at BYU! it was so cold I thought that I was going to get frost bite on my fingers from the flag poles being so cold.
we took third, Davis took second, and American Fork took first (of course) but hey, at ISU we ttok first and luckily AF and Davis weren't there other wise we would have taken 3rd.
it was fun all in all. I am so sad that next Saturday is my last competition!!:( it is so sad. but it will start back up before I know it so that makes it all better.

tawnya said...

I just have a cold the old fashion way...

Anonymous said...

I don't freeze at night anymore, I just use my big double-fleece blanket.
Thanks to Tanner I have one.