Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy? 4th of July

We started the day by going to the Lewiston Parade. It's a ways out there, but since Morgan was marching in it, we decided to lend her our support, hahaha. It was a bit chilly when we first got there, but warmed up nicely by the time it started. There with the visiting Kelli and Kiri, Drew and her roommate Emily, Andy and Leza and Leza's family. Lexie took posession of my camera.
Kiri was a little chilly

Me, Wynn, Kelli and Tanner.
It looks like I'm yelling at someone in the parade, but I was pushing up my glasses while talking to Wynn, the parade hadn't even started yet.

Morgan is the dark haired cutie in the middle.
She made rifle as a sophmore!

Yeah! She caught it!
(She's the one in the capris)

The horses
(County Mounted Posse)

The silliness that's so cute
The sign on front says Where's the engine!

The cute floats

The old cars

After the parade it was back home to rest, odds and ends, the kids playing, lunch. And on the way home the kids decided that my kids needed to go home with Kelli and Kiri on Sunday for the next week. So they were texting with their mother....all unknown to me. When finally asked, I was fine with Morgan and Lexie, but Tanner has been having nightmares lately and climbing in my bed every night. I didn't want to do that to my sister-in-law. But I finally decided I could drive the 2 hours to get him if he just couldn't do it. So Lexie decided to grab everybody's laundry so they could pack. They all worked on the laundry and the packing. Lexie grabbed a bag for her and Tanner and packed her clothes then helped Tanner choose and pack his. They were all so excited you wouldn't think they had just spent a whole week together here. I guess the prospect of 2 solid weeks together, just at different places, was an adventure!

Then it was time to get ready for the annual neighborhood 4th of July party. We have a bring your own meat and potluck dish bbq in the backyards of 2 adjoining neighbors. The moms and dads bbq (mostly dads) while they visit and the kids play. Then after, it's around to the street for the fireworks, we always supply the sparklers. Then usually back around to the backyards for a movie. (this year being a Saturday night, we'll do the movie another time. So no movie tonight) Since I have had a cold all week, I was pretty tired and opted to not go. That and I didn't want to spread it around. They got their hamburger patties ready and grabbed a fruit salad and headed over. I grabbed my book and settled in. Pretty soon I could swear I heard Tanner crying but talked myself out of it. Sure enough here came Wynn carrying a crying/sobbing Tanner. He was playing on the swinging bar of the swing set and fell. Being at our doctors house, they were sent home while he called xray, being pretty sure it was broken after observing him for a bit.

The doctor told Wynn to bring him to me and come back over and finish eating while he called and got everything set up. Of course Moose came running when he heard Tanner. I got a picture on my phone of them laying on the floor together (of course) to comfort Tanner, but I don't know how to get it on here. Then Doctor sent Wynn back over to get us to head to the hospital. He called me and told me to go through the ER to get him checked into xray, but no need to check in to the ER. So we grabbed Spotty (his new stuffed Leopard) and left. When we got there, they wouldn't do it and our doc was on the phone to the ER doctor, who just happened to be another friend of all of ours. Anyway, our doctor left the party and came down to meet us there. He had to sign a requisition, a phone call wasn't good enough, so we didn't have to go into ER. We headed to xray. Wynn held him and I was the one that got the unfortunate job of inflicting pain on the poor little guy in order to hold his arm in the unnatural positions they needed for the xrays. They took 4. He was a trooper and only whimpered even though I told him it was ok to cry.

The doctor then emailed the photos to the radiologist and they discussed them over the phone. Yep. A facture next to his elbow. There was a lot of fluid though. And now they don't cast for just small fractures. Kids heal so fast. (Lexie only had a removable splint on hers this spring) They figure if we can keep him from injuring it further,(mmmm hmmmmm!) he should be ok in 2 weeks of just a sling. So no trip to the cousins house for Tanner. Lexie got him unpacked.

What a trooper

Trying to smile

He actually chose to go back to the party after the xrays! Of course he was doped up on Motrin. So with Spotty in tow, he went to the fireworks with his dad. And slept in my bed when he got home.

Happy birthday America!!!

No comments: