Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stick a Fork In Me, I'm Done!!!!!

Last year I started doing Ameri-Corps. I've talked about it on here a few times. The things that were required, the projects that had to be done, the time it took. I have been done with Reading Groups at the school for a few days now, but I had a few hours of service left to complete. I decided to volunteer at the local library. So I went in and talked to them to see what they needed.

The first day I sat at the desk and put the new dvd's into the secure covers. I put the fine paper on it, along with slipping the dvd picture in. Then I folded summer reading papers. If someone asked me a question I could answer, I did. If not, I directed them to someone who could. The next time I shelved dvd's and answered questions.

Since then I have been helping with the story time they have for toddlers and preschoolers. It was so much fun. I got to sing songs, dance and read them stories. Most of them silly (well, look at the ages). The kids love story time! I'm actually going to miss it, and today was my last day there. Which means..........

Even though I could do one more full-time year, or 2 more part-time years of Ameri-Corps, I have decided to not. I AM DONE!!! I could go back and finish these at any time if I so choose. We'll see. I am now off to other pursuits.....

As in, at this time we are filling out the paperwork and getting the house ready to have Foster Kids come into our home. More on that at a later time.

As for now.......I AM DONE!!!

No comments: