Sunday, February 01, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

It is Superbowl Sunday. We don't follow as closely as we used to, or even would like to. It just seems like there gets to be too many things going on as the kids have gotten older. But Gary & I were talking, during the game,about how when he was little and we were living in Star Valley, we would lie on the floor with a bowl of popcorn (he and I) and watch football on Saturday. I don't understand everything, but I would explain what I did understand. (As he got older he and his dad explain what I don't understand.) Maybe that's why he played football for a while in middle school and high school. Then we would watch with his dad and Grandpa on Sunday. Yes, on Sunday.

Today we had a full schedule. Because of various schedules, we do FHE on Sunday. That way we are all actually here. So for today, to get everything in, we did it this way.....
  • Got home from church at 2pm and changed clothes and made sure the DVR was set to record
  • Had FHE lesson
  • Fixed dinner so we could start watching the Superbowl. It was my turn to pick Sunday dinner and I had picked baked potatoes with chicken/veggie chili. It sounded like football food.
  • Watched until 5:45. Changed clothes. Gary went to his 6:00 mission prep class and the rest of us went to the 6:00 New Beginnings for YW. This is why we have the DVR, right?
  • Came home and finished watching the game with the FHE treat (cake and ice cream to look like the Hill Cumorah), little smokies, and crackers.
  • Got excited that the Arizona Cardinals might actually win. (except traitor Gary, he was rooting for the Steelers)
  • Got very sad that the Steelers won. They've won 6 Super Bowls. Would have been nice for Warner to get to win 1.

At least it was a good, close, lots of action game. We don't particularly care for the run away ones. Too boring. And I know some don't think we should be watching football on Sunday, but we got a new quote from Captain Stottelmeyer on Monk Friday....

"Even God took one day off from work. You notice it was Sunday? That was so he could watch football." That's our story and we're stickin to it!

9 comments:

tawnya said...

Man I hate sports...Thank heavens Isaac hates them as well!

loretta said...

Yeah, I do believe that I am the only one of us sisters that played any sports in school...volleyball & track.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?! I LOVE sports!! one of my favorite things. although, sometimes still need to get some things explained as well.

Unknown said...

last night i didn't really get a lot of the game because i was half asleep all day yesterday because i didn't get to bed last night until 2:30a.m. so i had to have a lot explained to me. long story short, i went to orem high for a compotition, left at 10:30ish, got home at 12:30, did other things for about two hours and went to bed, got up at about in between 7:30 and 8:30. okay so it was longer than i was expecting but now you know why i was up that late.

Sandra said...

MORGAN!!! If I had known you were at OHS for the competition I would have come in and watched you. You should have told me!

Unknown said...

i would have but i didn't know until i think either the day bedore and forgot or that day. i would have told you. i don't know where my next compotition is but it on the 14th. i will let you know where it is as soon as i find out.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Quick question, did you ever find out about the people who make your blog into a type of memory book? I am totally interested if you did.

loretta said...

I forgot the name. I'll have my sister put it on here.

tawnya said...

Blurb but they no longer easily slurp from blogger, so you have to cut and paste everything.